Mar 24, 2011

Fashion a la Mode straight from Qatar... MODE Fashion Line




(Excuse the title of the post, I was trying to sound French, although I don't speak a word of the language.)


Getting down to business, I recently came across a line of some of the chicest tshirts I have ever seen, and what's even more fabulous about these beautifully embellished tshirts is that they are sold here in Qatar and designed and made by a Qatari designer.


MODE Fashion Line is the recent creation of fashion designer and VCU Qatar graduate, Maryam, who with her line of one-of-a-kind tshirts creates casual looks which are both classy and sophisticated - jewel coloured chiffon belts that tie at the back, studded and embellished shoulders, cute flower corsages and ruffles, giant velvet bows and glamorous Chanel motifs - all perfect with skinny jeans and a pair of heels under your abaya...prices are very reasonable at an average of 250 QR...No more pondering over what tshirt to pair with your skinny jeans then!

Maryam actually studied Interior Design, not fashion, while at VCU Qatar, but her love for everything fashion led her to do some fashion courses, create her own line and she now plans to study fashion in London.

"I've been working on the first collection for almost 3 months; I did a lot of sketches and fabric hunting until I chose the final designs ... so far alhamdulillah I have got a lot of orders", says Maryam. "I am also working on my summer collection, and a new concept of T-shirts and blazers for kids too. What makes my brand unique is that I am combining two different styles...contemporary casual T-shirts with classy fashionable accessories". 














To purchase one of Maryam's tshirts from MODE Fashion Line, email her at mode-qatar@hotmail.com, or contact her directly by calling her at 00974 66867326.

You can also contact MODE on their Facebook page and follow MODE on Twitter.

Check out the MODE blog for a full catalogue of all their pieces.

1 comment: