Oct 1, 2012

Arabesque Sheilas & Abayas - Fall/Winter 2012-2013 Collection






I was really excited to get a look at UAE-based couture abaya label Arabesque Sheila & Abayas ' latest collection for Fall/Winter 2012-2013. As usual Arabesque founder and designer Judith Duriez, who hails from France, incorporated the latest trends into her abaya designs and gave them some Parisian flair. I particularly like the abaya with leather panels and leather sleeves (pictured above) - leather is a big trend this season and on the abaya it looks sleek and almost equestrian! 

The full collection has a lot of blue details in the form of prints, chiffon sleeves, satin belts and velvet panels and sleeves - the indigo coloured velvet details were reminiscent of Giorgio Armani's midnight themed couture collection for Fall/Winter 2012. The waist-cinching belts on some of the abayas reminded me of obi sashes on kimonos and big waist-cinching belts are another hot trend this season. Also interesting were zip details that gave the abaya (pictured below) a sporty luxe feel.











How I'd wear mine...







I recently got the opportunity to have a coffee and chat with the lovely Judith herself! Here's a pic of me and her:



Where to get yours:


Abu Dhabi Showroom: Abu Dhabi Mall, Level 1, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Dubai Showroom: Sunset Mall, Level 1, Jumeirah 3, Dubai, UAE


Be sure to check out the new-and-improved website and like them on Facebook!



3 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous!
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cool abayas.It’s very high quality abayas.It’s colored is very attractive.This latest trend abayas very affectionate.Every womens desired to get this abayas in very cheap rates.

    I have bought this abaya before 2 month.It is very cool and give me very awesome personality. Don’t worry I’ll tell you guyes that from where I got this abaya at very cheap and affordable price.

    I bought this from Enwrap and they did reasonable discount for me…

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Blog Post, For Latest Designer Abayas Collection with Hiab for Modern Women contains very elegant and trendy designs of arabian abaya patterns and styles with matching hijabs for muslim girls!

    ReplyDelete